Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Happy New Year! (so a few days late)

Can it really be ten years since we partied like it was 1999?

Since everyone was Chicken Little and crying "Y2K! Y2K!"?

Since, well, since 1999?

Time seems to slip away so easily . . .

Well, neoNuma Arts is off to a good start with the release of Alan Berecka's The Comic Flaw this very week at the Writer's Festival of the University of Mary Hardin Baylor in Belton, Texas. The Festival kicks off tomorrow, but the book won't be there until Friday because I was apparently 2 days late getting it to the printer. Eh, not what I had intended, but it'll be there before the festival is over (God and UPS willing).

On the Amazon page, all the blurbs got run together inton one big block of text. I don't know why. I can control so little. But click over there and take a look and I think you'll see where one blurb begins and another ends. There are some very good people saying very nice things about this book. I know I had a great time putting it together.

I'll write more soon, I hope, as I realize I'm possibly the worst blogger ever. Someone is going to revoke my blogging license. It's amazing the pithy thoughts one has when one is away from the computer. Those thoughts often appear with the thought, "that's a good idea for a blog entry." Then that's the last of it.

But this year, a minor resolution is to keep note of those ideas and blog a bit more, maybe even once a week! And maybe some of them will be about things other than what I'm trying to sell! Crazy, I know. But I do think about other things. Some may be interesting to other people, 'though I hate to presume.

I've slipped into rambling mode, so that's that for tonight. Many things percolating for the new year. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home