Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Media Notes

There's a couple of things you might want to try to catch this week and through the month.

First, this Friday, December 12, if you can, head over to the Independent Theatre Collective to hear streaming audio of a reading of Nighthawks, by Evan Guilford-Blake. Nighthawks has been delayed on the publishing schedule, here at neoNuma, but it will be published and I can tell you that it's a wonderful piece of theater. They have a series called Friday Night Footlights, which appears to be a reading series to determine their next season. They have three different times that they'll be "broadcasting" (I'm not sure if that's the term used in the internet world, but it'll do) so check their site and see what time works for you. Then write me and tell me about it---I'll be at my "day job" every single time they broadcast! (Yeah, sucks to be me sometimes.)

Also on the theater front, Christopher E. Ellis, the playwright behind the neoNuma title, The Fatal Gift of Beauty and Other Plays, cowrote a short film, Wrestled, directed by Phil Donlon. The film will be playing on the Independent Film Channel throughout December so you might want to check that out. I don't see an immediately easy way to see a schedule for the film on the IFC site, so here's the schedule Donlon sent me:

Wednesday, Dec. 10 at 11:25 AM EDT
Friday, Dec. 12 at 12:00 PM EDT
Sunday, Dec. 14 at 5:30 AM EDT
Friday, Dec. 19 at 11:15 AM EDT
Wednesday, Dec. 24 at 6:00 AM EDT
Monday, Dec. 29 at 1:30 PM EDT
Tuesday, Dec. 30 at 11:05 AM EDT

I had not known that the film also features music by the Tony award winning musician, Duncan Sheik of Spring Awakening fame.

So try to catch the film and if you like it, maybe you'll also like The Fatal Gift of Beauty and Other Plays. (Yes, as a matter of fact, I do have to try to sell the book!)

I'm typing after midnight and rather quickly. If I left out some vital information or link, let me know and I'll try to correct. But I think that's the gist of current media appearances of neoNuma folk. They really are some talented folk in the neoNuma catalog. I'm always excited to see them get exposure elsewhere. Gives me hope for the larger culture!

That's all I have to tell you tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home