Thursday, August 21, 2008

busy busy crazy busy time

This has been a full summer, heading into a full fall.

This coming weekend, I'll be joining my church, Salem Evangelical Lutheran Church, in dedicating a new building. All summer long, I've been meeting with a committee, planning the dedication service and it's finally going to happen this Sunday at 3:30pm.

Of course, we're not ready.

But it's going to be great anyway. This new building was built with music in mind. This past Wednesday, the choir (with which I sing bass) had its first rehearsal in the new nave and I have to admit, it sounded great. It's going to be a great space for musical performance of all kinds, but of course the main purpose of the building is Sunday morning worship and I'm looking forward to hearing us sing each Sunday. I'm hoping it will push us to being a better choir (and maybe convince some other people to join us---we could use a few more voices!).

In other news, Fieldwork is coming around again. We'll be doing Sunday afternoons this fall, starting Sunday September 14. I'll post more about it soon, but if you're in Houston and interested in knowing more, feel free to leave a note or else email me for more information.

I'm tired and seeing not much hope for slowing down in the next few weeks, although having the dedication behind me will be a huge load off. Nighthawks by Evan Guilford-Blake appears to be on track for a November release, despite all my distractions, and then I'm heading right into work on another poetry volume, The Comic Flaw by Alan Berecka. More on that soon.

It's a time of rapid catalog building for neoNuma and I'm really excited about what's in the pipeline. Stay tuned. Really, it's great stuff.

For now, i must lay my weary bones down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home